Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Snowmageddon!



Flamingo Tango, 18 x 24 inches, acrylic inks

Even though we here in Baltimore are bracing ourselves for 'one of the worst blizzards ever' that is going to hit us today, I still felt compelled to paint a bright, tropical painting that I call Flamingo Tango. It was one of those things where I could have added a lot more detail but I just liked it like this so I left the flamingo's to it.

Things are absolutely crazy. There the shelves have been picked clean in the stores.



I am tucked up as snug as a bug in rug baking cookies and garlic bread. I don't plan on going anywhere. I have enough junk food stockpiled to last the winter! We are predicted to get 18 - 24 inches of snow over the weekend.




I don't really mind the snow that much. The internet usually goes down and all the neighbors are out in the street doing wierd things like talking to each other!! It is a bonding experience and since we don't have a snow blower we will probably need to borrow one from someone at some point. This was me in Snowmaggeddon 2010 (some people have pointed out that while I am busy posing others are slaving away digging up snow) - what can I say I'm more of a poseur than a shoveller!!






UPDATE SATURDAY MORNING

Feeling a bit claustrophic. Have been eating a lot of garlic bread. Watching my neighbor and his snowblower. Only 24 hours to go.



You can see Flamingo Tango in my Etsy shop and prints are also available.


Linking to Just another Linky and  Paint Party Friday

  thumbnailsize

14 comments:

  1. A wonderful burst of colour on a cold winter's day! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. it makes for a wonderful abstract just as it is-love this Emma! Hope the storm isn't so bad after all-fingers crossed. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun in the snow. It sounds like you are well prepared :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay safe in the snow. Beautiful photo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flamingo is beautiful, warming and exciting! Such a great painting. I am in Northern California and after 3 years of a severe drought we are finally getting lots and lots of rain and snow. No complaints out here as we all look forward to possibly having a pretty yard or a couple plants or flowers this year. Now our news is all about the Super Storm headed your way. Prayers going up for all of you in the storm's path. I think today was a perfect day for Flamingo...maybe your painting will keep the worst of the storm away...OR...tomorrow you will be meeting your neighbors you haven't met yet! Happy PPF and have a great week hopefully! Hugs, Rasz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as I stay indoors I will be fine. I have plenty of chocolate to keep me going ;)

      Delete
  6. Love your vibrant artwork ....enjoy the snow all bundled up!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are bracing too--in New Jersey and the snow just started. Battening down the hatches here--literally. :) Your flamingo image is vibrant and fresh--very nice. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those flamingos are great. A good decision not to make details, this has an abstract feeling and it challenges to look at it for a long time, that's always good!

    We've been having lots of snow this winter here in Helsinki and it's been way too cold! Keep warm during the snow storm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings from Chantilly Virginia!
    We too are enjoying this historic snow blizzard.
    25 inches and counting...wowee snow gets me so excited!
    Your colorful painting is wonderful!
    Hope you continue to stay safe and cozy.
    Happy PPF oxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Flamingo nice,wonderful work.Good
    Combination of colors.very fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Flamingo nice,wonderful work.Good
    Combination of colors.very fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just look at that snow! Thanks for linking up to #justanotherlinky xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! How amazing! My cousin who lives in New York, he posted some photos similar with the snow high up! Thanks for linking up with #justanotherlinky

    ReplyDelete